Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Release Day Review: Wolf Hunger by Paige Tyler


34006758

Wolf Hunger
(SWAT #7)
Paige Tyler
Release: December 5, 2017
Goodreads Amazon
ARC provided by the publisher via Netgalley
She’s all the wolf he’ll ever need

When SWAT Officer Max Lowry meets Lana Mason, he falls fast and hard. He’s positive she’s The One. And Max’s favorite part? Lana’s a wolf shifter too, so they can skip the awkward reveal and head straight to the happily ever after. There’s just one problem: Lana doesn’t know that she’s a werewolf. 

To make matters worse, hunters with intent to kill have tracked Lana to Dallas. Max has to figure out how to keep Lana safe, show her who and what she really is—and just how much she means to him.

Review:

Wolf Hunger just might be the best SWAT book yet! As much as I've enjoyed the rest of the series, there's usually at least one plot point that bugs me enough to lower my rating. Wolf Hunger didn't have that. It does have two compelling story lines and the great action scenes I've come to expect from Tyler.

Max is the youngest member of the team and I haven't seen as much of him as some of the other members so I was excited to learn more about him. And when he finds his match, he goes big by falling for the boss's daughter. I liked that Lana was smart and independent. She even got her own action scene to show off her werewolf skills and didn't just wait for her boyfriend to save her from the hunters.

Those werewolf hunters have been looming on the horizon over the last few books and they make their presence known in a big way here. The team learns enough about them to realize the threat is much bigger than they realized and I'm looking forward to seeing how it plays out in the next book. Tyler also introduces some more beta wolves to the ever-growing Dallas pack and hints at some relationships developing outside the SWAT team. *steeples fingers and does very bad Bond-villain voice* Very interesting.

I should warn you that the story could trigger some readers: both Max's past and the current case involve domestic violence. I felt like it was handled well though.

For me, Paige Tyler's books are like junk food: great for binging and guaranteed to cheer you up. If you haven't tried SWAT or her spy series X-Ops, you're missing out.

    
 stars

My reviews of other books in this series:
Wolf Hunt


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...